In this tutorial, learn how to download and install PdaNet+ on Windows PC or Laptop. You can install PdaNet+ on PC for free if you use Bluestacks. This emulator allows you to play the free Android version on your computer.
The description of PdaNet+ App
1. Windows side also need updating from http://pdanet.co/install
2. Original WiFi Hotspot feature remains in the separate FoxFi app if you still need it, just install from Play Store. You can also find previous (4.19) version of PdaNet+ at http://pdanet.co/install/old
3. New location permission required by Android due to WiFi scan API call.
Please be aware that with no root access there are technical limitations of what an app can do. We try our best to offer the “most convenient solution possible” for sharing phone Internet but it may not be an “ideal” or “universal” solution (e.g. a normal WiFi Hotspot). It may not work for particular devices.
=====WiFi Direct mode (new!) ====
PdaNet+ now comes with a completely new “WiFi Direct Hotspot” feature that works on all Android phones 4.1 or later. It allows you to connect computers and tablets to your phone using WiFi BUT it will require you to either install our client app or setup proxy depending on what device you are connecting to the phone. You can activate “WiFi Direct Hotspot” in PdaNet+ then tap the “Help!” button for detail instructions.
*If your Windows computer does not see the hotspot during pairing please do two things: 1. Restart Hotspot on the phone.
2. Click on “Show All WiFi Direct Hotspot”. It will verify if your adapter supports 5Ghz.
====FoxFi/WiFi Hotspot Mode (the old) ====
The original WiFi Hotspot feature remains in the separate FoxFi app if you still need it. It has ceased to function on many newer phone models due to carrier updates. Even when it works, your hotspot usage may still be metered (see plan 2 below). WiFi Direct Hotspot could solve both issues. However the new feature is not meant to support game devices, TVs or TV streaming devices.
USB mode works on all Android phones (except for some ZTE/Alcatel models). It allows connection from Windows or Mac. In addition, there is a “WiFi Share” feature that can further turn Windows into a WiFi Hotspot so that you share PdaNet Internet with other devices.
*If your phone is not recognized by your computer after connecting USB, please see http://pdanet.co/driver
You can use Bluetooth mode to connect Windows. Although WiFi Direct mode is preferred.
=====Do I need this software?=====
The PdaNet software has been around since the first Treo smart phone in 2003. With over 30 million downloads in total, it must be something that everyone needs, right? Well…it really depends on the kind of data plan you have for your phone. There are 4 kinds of data plans from most carriers:
1. Your data plan (limited or unlimited) does not allow you to turn on the mobile hotspot feature on the phone (it prompts you to call your carrier).
2. Your data plan is unlimited and you can turn on mobile hotspot from your phone to use it. But hotspot usage is “metered” against a cap (say 5G/month). After that the speed will be throttled to a crawl. (FoxFi can’t avoid this!)
3. Your data plan is unlimited, and you can turn on mobile hotspot from your phone with unlimited LTE usage and no throttling cap. This plan does NOT exist or not intended. But we have seen loopholes on some phone models to allow it.
4. You data plan is limited and it allows you to turn on mobile hotspot from your phone. The mobile hotspot usage goes under the same data plan limit.
If your plan falls under 1 or 2, you will need to use PdaNet+. If your plan belongs to 3 or 4 then PdaNet+ will not make any difference. If you are unsure what plan you have, it won’t harm to always use PdaNet+.
Downloading PdaNet+ For Windows 10/8/7 For Free
You can install the mobile version of the app ( which is FREE) with the help of Bluestacks
Basically, you will need to install the Bluestacks on your Windows PC or Laptop. Then you can download PdaNet+ from the Google Play Store of Bluestacks.
Make sure your computer meets the recommended requirements to run Bluestacks.
- OS: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7
- Processor: Intel or AMD Processor.
- RAM: Your PC must have at least 2GB of RAM. (Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM)
- HDD: 5GB Free Disk Space.
- You must be an Administrator on your PC.
- Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor.
- Internet: Broadband connection to access games, accounts, and related content.
How to install PdaNet+ on PC for free
1. First, download and install Bluestacks on your PC.
2. Launch Bluestacks emulator and login with Google account.
3. Once this is done, just open the Google Play Store then search for “PdaNet+”. When you find the game proceed with downloading it. After the installation has finished you can now use PdaNet+ on your computer.
Or you can also install PdaNet+ on the PC by applying the PdaNet+ APK file if you can’t find an app on the Google Play store. You may also like: How to Download an APK File from the Google Play Store
See also: How To Install APK in Bluestacks
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully install PdaNet+.
That’s about it.