You can leave any Facebook group in just a few clicks.
What to know:
Desktop: Go to the group page, choose three-dot menu, then choose Leave Group.
Mobile app: Open the group page, choose three-dot menu, then choose Leave Group.
As an option to leaving, the Leave Group menu allows you to switch off alerts.
This article will show you how to leave a Facebook group from a desktop or mobile device. You can do this if you’re
getting too many group updates or if you don’t seem to fit in with the group’s overall culture.
How to Leave a Facebook Group on Desktop
No matter what browser you’re using or what operating system you’re using, the desktop instructions will work.
1. Tap the Groups icon from the left navigation bar after logging into your Facebook account.
Note: Selecting the group’s name at the top of one of the group updates in your Facebook news feed is another
way to go straight to the group list. If this is the case, proceed to phase three.
2. All of your groups are listed in the navigation section under Your Groups. Choose the group you’d like to quit.
Note: If you’re the admin or moderator of a Facebook group, go to the Groups You Manage section rather than
the Your Groups section to find the group. The remainder of the procedure is the same as the one mentioned below.
3. This will take you to the page for the specific group. Select the three-dot button in the upper right corner. Then,
from the dropdown menu, choose Leave Group.
4. You’ll be presented with a confirmation window. To complete the process and permanently quit the group, select
Note: If you want to make sure you don’t hear anything else from the group or any of its members after you’ve left, you can enable Prevent people from inviting you to join this group again.
How to Leave a Facebook Group on Mobile
If you’re using an Android or iOS system, the instructions below will function as long as you’re using the official Facebook app.
1. On your mobile device, open the Facebook app and log in. At the upper right, select the three-line menu icon.
2. Pull down the screen and choose the Groups block.
3. You’ll be taken to a page where you can see all of your group updates. You’ll see a list of your groups
as big icons at the top. You can look at these by swiping right or left and selecting the category you want to leave.
4. This will allow you to come to the group. To open the group Tools menu, select the three-dot icon in the upper
right corner of the page. Choose the Leave Group icon.
5. A confirmation message will appear, asking if you are sure you want to leave the group. To complete the process,
select Leave Group.
Note: You can Turn Off Notifications rather than leaving the group entirely if you choose More
Options. You can disable the irritating group alerts while still visiting the group this way.
6. You’ll get a confirmation message once you’ve permanently left the group. You can also report the group to
Facebook if you’ve left for any reason, whether it’s because of something inappropriate, harmful, or otherwise.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to remove yourself from a Facebook group on Mobile:
Hope this helps!