If you having problems viewing a certain file type in your default media player(s), install K-Lite to allow unknown file formats to play in those programs.
About the K-Lite Codec Pack
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
How to download and install K-Lite Codec in Windows 10/8/7
1. First, visit this source to download K-Lite Codec Pack.
2. Once the file is downloaded, go to the folder that contains the “K-Lite_Codec_Pack_release version.exe” file and double-click on the file to start the installation.
3. Follow the on-screen guide and install K-Lite Codec Pack on your Windows PC.
4. Keeps mind in that leave all options default and continue to click Next.
5. Once done, click Next > Install and wait for the installation to finish.
6. After the installation of K-Lite Codec Pack is complete, click Finish and test your Media Player.
Main Features of K-Lite Codec Pack Full:
– Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
– MediaInfo Lite
– DC-Bass Source Mod
– For decoding OptimFrog and Tracker audio files (very rare formats).
– A tool for creating and testing DirectShow graphs.
– Plugin for 3D video decoding (H.264 MVC)
Note: this requires using MPC-HC with madVR, and also a compatible graphics driver. Recent NVIDIA drivers no longer support 3D video (but you could try “3D Fix Manager”).
That’s about it.