Is Lenovo laptop camera not working not working? Don’t be concerned. It’s usually not difficult to fix…
How to fix laptop camera not working in Windows 10
Here are three solutions that have benefited other Lenovo laptop camera not working users. Simply work your way down the list until you discover one that suits your needs.
Fix 1: Adjust your camera privacy settings
You may adjust the camera privacy settings in Windows to control whether or not you enable access to the camera on your Lenovo laptop, as well as which apps are allowed or disallowed.
To make sure the camera is turned on, follow these steps:
1) Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and type camera. Then select Camera privacy settings from the drop-down menu.
2) Make sure that Allow apps to access your camera is turned On.
3) Toggle the option to Choose which apps can access your camera by scrolling down. You want camera access on ALL of your apps.
4) Close the window and check to see if the camera is operating properly. If that works, then you’ve successfully fixed the camera not working problem! However, if it still doesn’t work, try Fix 2 below.
Fix 2: Update your camera driver
This issue can arise if you are using an out-of-date or incorrect camera driver. As a result, you should upgrade your camera driver to see if this resolves your issue. If you don’t have the time, patience, or skills to update the driver manually, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running, you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during the installation process. Driver Easy handles it all.
With either the FREE or Pro version of Driver Easy, you can update your drivers automatically. However, with the Pro version, there are only two steps (with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Get Driver Easy and install it.
2) Launch Driver Easy and select Scan Now. After that, Driver Easy will check your computer for any problematic drivers.
3) Select Update All to download and install the right version of ALL missing or out-of-date drivers on your system (this requires the Pro edition; you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you select Update All).
4) To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
5) Check the camera on your laptop to determine if the issue has been repaired. If you answered yes, congratulations! If the problem still exists, proceed to Fix 3 below.
Fix 3: Reinstall your camera driver
It’s also conceivable that your present camera driver is corrupted or incompatible with Windows 10, causing your camera not working. We can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver to see if it solves the problem.
To do it:
1) Hit the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on your keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
2) To show your camera device, double-click on either Cameras or Imaging devices.
3) Select Uninstall device from the context menu of your camera device.
4) Confirm the uninstall by clicking Yes.
5) Restart your PC.
6) Hit the Windows logo key and R at the same moment on your keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc in the box and press Enter.
7) Select Action > Scan for Hardware Changes to have Windows reinstall your PC’s driver (a generic one though).
8) Make sure your camera is in good working order.
By now, you should have resolved the Lenovo laptop camera not working issue. Please leave a remark below if you have any thoughts, recommendations, or questions. Thank you for taking the time to read this!