HP laptop camera not working on Windows 10? Don’t be concerned. It’s usually not difficult to fix…
3 Fixes for HP Laptop Camera Not Working Windows 10
Here are three solutions that have helped previous users address the problem with their HP laptop camera not working. Simply work your way down the list until you discover one that suits your needs.
Fix 1: Tweak your camera privacy settings
You can manage whether you enable access to the camera on your HP laptop and which apps are allowed or disallowed by tweaking the camera privacy settings in Windows. To make sure it’s turned on, do the following:
1. Press the Windows logo key and type camera on your keyboard. Then select Camera privacy settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Make sure that Allow apps to access your camera is turned On.
3. Go to Choose which apps can access your camera by scrolling down. You want camera access On ALL of your apps.
4. Close the window and check to see if the camera is operating properly. Congratulations if it works! However, if it does not, please proceed to Fix 2 below.
Fix 2: Update your camera driver
This issue can arise if you are using an out-of-date or incorrect camera driver. As a result, you should upgrade your camera driver to see if this resolves your issue. If you don’t have the time, patience, or skills to update the driver manually, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running, you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during the installation process. Driver Easy handles it all.
With either the FREE or Pro version of Driver Easy, you can update your drivers automatically. However, with the Pro version, there are only two steps (with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Get Driver Easy and install it.
2) Launch Driver Easy and select Scan Now. After that, Driver Easy will check your computer for any problematic drivers.
3) Select Update All to download and install the right version of ALL missing or out-of-date drivers on your system (this requires the Pro edition; you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you select Update All).
4) To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
5) Check the camera on your laptop to determine if the issue has been repaired. If you answered yes, congratulations! If the problem persists, proceed to Fix 3 below.
Fix 3: Reinstall your camera driver
It’s also conceivable that your present camera driver is corrupted or incompatible with Windows 10, causing your camera not working. We can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver to see if it solves the problem.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Tap the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and hit Enter.
2. To show your camera device, double-click on either Cameras or Imaging devices.
3. Uninstall device by right-clicking on your camera device.
4. To confirm the uninstall, select Yes.
5. Restart your PC.
6. Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and hit Enter.
7. To have Windows reinstall the driver for your PC, go to Action > Scan for hardware changes (a generic one though).
8. Check to ensure that your camera is in good working order.
We hope you’ve figured out how to fix the HP laptop camera issue by now. Please leave a remark below if you have any thoughts, recommendations, or questions. Thank you for taking the time to read this!