How to Deactivate Facebook on Android
What to Know:
To begin the deactivation process, launch Settings & Privacy > Settings > Account Ownership and Control > Deactivation and Deletion.
Select Continue to Account Deactivation > answer questions > Continue > Deactivate My Account.
Note: You can reactivate your Facebook account at any moment after deactivating it. The deletion of Facebook is
On an Android, there are two ways to temporarily deactivate your Facebook account. What happens to your account
when you deactivate it is covered in more detail.
Deactivate Facebook in the Android App
Deactivating your account merely takes a few steps, and reactivating it is easier. Facebook can also reactivate your
profile for you after one to seven days. You only need to log into the app to reactivate Facebook, so make a note of
your login information.
1. Launch the Facebook app.
2. Select the menu icon on the top right (three horizontal lines).
3. Pull down and choose Settings & Privacy.
4. Choose Settings.
5. Pull down to the Your Facebook Information section and select Account Ownership and Control.
6. Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
Deactivate Facebook Account in a Mobile Browser
In any mobile browser, you can also deactivate your account. The procedure differs slightly from that of the app.
1. Launch Facebook.com on any mobile website.
2. Press the menu icon on the top right (three horizontal lines).
3. Pull down and choose Settings.
4. Pull down to the Your Facebook Information section and select Account Ownership and Control.
5. Select Deactivation and Deletion.
6. Choose Deactivate Account and select Continue to Account Deactivation then.
7. Write your password and choose Continue then.
8. On the next screen, choose a disabled reason from the list and choose Continue then.
9. Facebook will provide you with replacement options for deactivating your account and the ability to save posts to
What Happens When You Deactivate Facebook?
When you deactivate your account, it disables your profile and removes your name and profile pictures from the
majority of your Facebook posts. Your friends will still see you on their list of friends and in communications you’ve
sent them. When you reactivate your account, everything goes back to normal.
You can still use Messenger after deactivating your Facebook account (see above instructions). Friends can also
invite you to events, request your participation in groups, and tag you in images. Unless you turn off Facebook
alerts, they will continue to be sent to you.