How to Copy and Paste on Facebook
What to Know:
To copy and paste on the Facebook screen, tap Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V
Except for videos, you can copy and paste something from Facebook.
Before a paste, Facebook uses the clipboard of device to temporarily store copied objects.
This article explains how to copy and paste on Facebook using both your desktop browser and the Facebook app.
Copy and Paste on Facebook Desktop
You can share a motivational quote, a snippet of text, or something else on Facebook by copying and pasting it. It’s simple and fast with Facebook.
1. In any browser on your PC, log into Facebook with your email address (or phone number and password).
2. Go to the content you want to copy in your News Feed or on someone else’s timeline.
3. By dragging your cursor from the beginning to the end of the text you want to copy, you can choose it.
4. Pick Copy from the context menu by right-clicking on the highlighted text. On Windows, you can use the shortcut key combinations Ctrl + C (or Command + C on a Mac).
5. Navigate to the spot where you want the copied text to be pasted. It could be a Messenger conversation, a status update, or something else on Facebook. Put the cursor and paste the text with Ctrl + V on Windows or Command + V on Mac. You can also right-click to open the context menu and choose Paste from the list of choices.
COPY AND PASTE FACEBOOK PHOTOS ON THE DESKTOP
Do you want to copy those beautiful inspiring picture quotes or any other image for that? It’s as easy as copying and pasting something into the browser.
1. Navigate to the image you want to copy.
2. Choose Copy image from the context menu by right-clicking on the image. In the Gallery view, you can utilize the same way.
3. Paste it into a new message, a Messenger chat, or anywhere else on your computer.
Copy and Paste on Facebook Mobile Apps
It’s even easier and faster to copy and paste on the Facebook app for iOS or Android. The screenshots below are from the iOS version of Facebook.
1. Launch the Facebook app and log in.
2. Navigate the post you want to copy on your Facebook feed or on someone else’s timeline. If necessary, click the text once to expand it.
3. You may also copy and paste hyperlinks or tags from the post by tapping and keeping them.
4. To choose a complete block of text, press and keep the text. To save the content to your phone’s universal clipboard, choose Copy.
5. Now you can paste the content anywhere you want.
COPY AND PASTE PHOTOS ON THE FACEBOOK APP
Facebook does not allow for the copying and pasting of posted videos. However, no such limits prevent you from copying a photo from a Facebook post and sharing it via another program, such as WhatsApp.
1. Navigate the Facebook post containing the photo you want to copy
2. To pick and open it in the Gallery view, tap once.
3. To see the menu, tap and hold the photo. To send the image to the clipboard, choose Copy Photo.
4. Paste the photo into another program that supports images. Take a photo from Facebook and share it on Twitter or WhatsApp, for example.