How to Charge Your Phone Without a Charger
What to Know:
In an airport, coffee shop, the base of a hotel lamp, or a laptop, plug a USB or phone-compatible cable into a USB port.
Before you leave the house, charge a portable battery pack and use it to charge your phone.
Look for a USB port in your vehicle. Start the car and connect the phone if you discover one.
If you don’t have a phone charger, this article shows how to charge your phone, including using a hand-crank charger or a solar charger. All of these solutions require either a charging cable or a wireless charging pad that is compatible with your iPhone or Android device.
Use a USB Port to Charge Your Phone
A charging cord that is compatible with your phone is required for this procedure. You may charge your phone by plugging it into your laptop or finding other USB connections that would work.
1. The majority of USB ports found in airports and some coffee shops can charge a typical smartphone. It’s worth noting that some hotels offer USB ports built into their lamps and bedside tables. The USB-A shape (the rectangle end of the cable you usually use to charge your phone) is the most common.
2. Plug the USB end of the charging cable into the USB port.
3. Connect the opposite end of the cable to your phone.
Charge Your Phone With a Battery Pack
To employ this method, you’ll need to plan ahead of time.
1. Although all modern battery packs are capable of charging enough for your smartphone, not all of them offer fast charging (even if your phone does).
2. Charge your battery pack ahead of time and have it with you when you won’t have access to a conventional phone charger (or simply carry it with you at all times).
3. Each battery pack will be slightly different, plug the charging cable into it and into your phone and turn it on is all you need to do.
Hand-Crank Chargers for Emergency Phone Charges
A hand-crank charger has the advantage of not requiring any electrical power, making it an excellent option for outdoor adventures or emergencies.
1. Connect your charging wire to the charger and your phone, then keep cranking until you have a charge that you can use.
2. Keep in mind that getting a useable charge may take some time. Some hand-crank devices feature built-in batteries, allowing you to charge the battery before using it to charge your phone.
Use an Eco-Friendly Solar-Powered Charger
A solar-powered charger is another wonderful option for outdoor trips because it just requires sunlight to operate. Solar chargers normally work in one of two ways: Sunlight charges a battery in the unit, which is then used to charge the phone or the solar charger charges the phone directly.
1. Place the charger in the sun to charge it, or strap it to your backpack to charge it while hiking.
2. Connect your charging wire to your phone and the charger.
Charge Your Phone With a Car Charger
1. USB ports are found in most current vehicles and can be used to charge mobile devices. If not, an adaptor that plugs into the lighter port can be purchased.
2. Start or put your automobile in accessory mode.
3. Connect one end of your charging cable to the USB port or adapter in your car and the other to your phone.
Use a Wireless Charger for Easy Charging
You don’t need to do anything other than place your phone on the charging pad if your smartphone supports wireless charging.
Note: The urban legend that you can charge your phone with fruit is technically correct, but it takes a lot of fruit and additional equipment. As a result, it is impractical and not advised.