What to Know
To add a link to an Instagram story, you must either have at least 10,000 followers or are a verified Instagram user.
Press on Add a Story > select or record a video > click the link icon > URL > type or paste the URL.
After sharing your story, users will see a See More option. They can swipe up to tap on the link.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to add a link to an Instagram story. Also, learn how to apply to be a verified user on Instagram.
How to Post a Link on an Instagram Story
If you have 10,000 followers or be a verified Instagram user, you can post a link to your story to promote your blog, website, or YouTube channel. To do that, follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app, tap on Add a Story.
2. Choose or record the video you want to add to your story. To choose multiple items, tap and hold the first item.
Note: You can also choose multiple still photos, and Instagram rolls through them during the story, giving each one a set amount of time to display.
3. Next, go to the editing screen, you can add links, sound, filters, stickers, drawings, text, etc.
4. Tap on the link icon at the top of the page and then select URL.
5. Now paste or type the URL into the field provided. Then tap on Done.
6. When you share your story, you will see a See More option at the bottom of the page, followers can “swipe up” to see the clickable link.
How to Get Verified on Instagram
If you want to know how to apply for Instagram verification, you’ve come to the right place. Instagram verification is how you prove that your Instagram account is the authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, global brand, or entity it represents. If you feel you qualify, you can request the coveted blue checkmark on Instagram. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Instagram app, tap your profile picture.
2. In your Profile, tap the three lines on the top right of your home screen.
3. At the bottom of the menu, choose Settings.
4. In Settings, select Account.
5. In the Account menu, select Request Verification.
6. When the Apply for Instagram Verification page appears, type your Username, Full Name, and Known As handles in the field provided.
7. Next, press Category then press the category that best fits your Instagram page.
8. In the line that reads, “Please attach a photo of your ID,” press choose file then take or select a picture of your photo ID to upload it.
9. Finally, tap the Send link at the bottom of the page. This will submit your verification. After Instagram reviews your account, you’ll receive a response in your notifications tab. Within about 30 days, you’ll receive a direct yes or no.
Hope something helps you.