In this tutorial, we are gonna show you how to download an ISO image of Windows 10 for USB or DVD.
Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft for personal computers, released on July 29, 2015.
Unlike with previous versions of Windows, you can directly download a legitimate copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft in ISO format.
What’s more, the tool Microsoft offers for downloading Windows 10 allows you to upgrade the computer you’re on to Windows 10, prepare burn the Windows 10 setup files to a DVD disc, or a flash drive with Windows 10 install files.
Where Can You Download Windows 10 ISO?
There’s only one completely legal and legitimate method to download Windows 10, and that’s via Microsoft’s official Windows 10 download site:
1. To begin, go to the Windows 10 download page on Microsoft’s website.
2. Click Download tool now.
3. Once downloaded, go to the folder that contains the “MediaCreationTool-release_version.exe” file and double-click on the file to run the install process.
The Windows 10 installation wizard is quite self-explanatory, hence you should have no trouble deciding what to do next, but here are the steps:
How To Download a Windows 10 ISO Image
You’ll probably see a Getting a few things ready message when you first open the Windows 10 Setup program. When that screen clears, follow these steps in order:
1. Read through the license terms and then click on the Accept button.
2. Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and then click Next.
3. Select the Language, Edition, and Architecture you want the ISO image for. Click Next.
4. Select ISO file on the Choose which media to use screen, Click Next.
5. Choose where to have the Windows 10 ISO image stored and then click Save to start the download.
Once the Windows 10 ISO image is downloaded, you’ll have a legal and full version of Windows 10 in ISO format.
You can then burn that ISO image to a USB device to install later or use it directly with your virtual machine software if you’re going that route.
You may also like: How to Burn an ISO File to a USB Drive
Buying Windows 10 is the only method to get a valid product key. Windows 10 Home is available directly from Microsoft but Amazon sells copies, too. Windows 10 Pro is the same deal: direct from Microsoft or via Amazon are best.
How To Download Windows 10 to a Flash Drive
If you’d rather get those Windows 10 installation bits right onto a flash drive, following these steps below:
1. Follow the directions above for the ISO image up to the Choose which media to use the screen (Step 4), and this time, select the USB flash drive option. Click Next.
2. Choose the removable drive from the list. (If you don’t see the drive, click the Refresh drive list option). Click Next > Click Finish.
3. Wait until the download completes and then follow the rest of the instructions.
Once you complete the steps, the tool will download the required files and create a bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 10 installation files with support for UEFI and BIOS.
Hope something helps you.